about us

Company Profile

The Purefoods-Hormel Company, Inc. ("Purefoods-Hormel") is the largest producer and marketer of processed meats in the Philippines. 

The company, originally known as Purefoods Corporation, was established in 1956 by a prominent group of retailers.  In 1999, the company entered into a joint venture agreement with Hormel Netherlands B.V. that led its meat processing division to spin off to become what is now The Purefoods-Hormel Co., Inc. In 2001, San Miguel Corporation purchased Purefoods Corporation including The Purefoods-Hormel Co., Inc. Today, San Miguel Purefoods Corporation owns 60% of the joint venture and Hormel owns the remaining 40%.

For over half a century,  Purefoods Hormel has been making high quality products such as
PUREFOODS TENDER JUICY ® Hotdog, the country’s largest selling hotdog, and other popular brands such as PUREFOODS ® Corned Beef, PUREFOODS ® Luncheon Meat, PUREFOODS FIESTA HAM ®, PUREFOODS FUN NUGGETS ™, PUREFOODS ® Classic Honeycured Bacon, PUREFOODS ® Sweet Ham, PUREFOODS ® Cooked Ham and PUREFOODS  STAR ® Hotdog.

Management

MR. FRANCISCO S. ALEJO
President


MR. RAUL B. NAZARENO
General Manager


MR. CELESTINO L. DE GUZMAN
Finance Manager


MR. JOSE GABRIEL S. CRUZ
Marketing Manager


MS. GENEROSA S. TANQUILUT

Manufacturing Operations Manager


MS. MARIBETH N. ESPAÑA

Product Development Manager


MS. ELIZABETH ALLYN R. TAMBONGCO
Planning & Business Development Manager


MR. IÑIGO FARRALES
Sales Manager

Contact Us



San Miguel Customer Care Center

Trunkline: (+632) 632-2000
E-mail: customercare@smg.sanmiguel.com.ph


FOODSERVICE
632-FOOD (3663)
Email: phc.fsmktg@smg.sanmiguel.com.ph

EXPORT
Contact Persons:

For North America: Mr. Ramon M. Coronado
Email address: rcoronado@smg.sanmiguel.com.ph

For Middle East: Mr. Andrew P. Borbon
Email address: aborbon@smg.sanmiguel.com.ph

For Australasia: Mr. Ryan S. Gan
Email address: rgan@smg.sanmiguel.com.ph

For Europe and Africa: Mr. Edwin C. Chotangco
Email address: echotangco@smg.sanmiguel.com.ph

For Hongkong, Macau and China: Mr. Michael E. Uy
Email address: muy@smg.sanmiguel.com.ph

Purefoods Hormel Company Contact Person: Ms. Rose A. Escobar
Email address: rescobar@smg.sanmiguel.com.ph